What You Can Do To Stop Domestic Violence
At CCADV, we believe can everyone can do something to stop domestic violence. You don't have to be an expert, you just have to have the desire to make a difference in your community.
• You can learn as much as you can about the issue and make a personal commitment to talk about domestic violence with someone you suspect may be a victim.
• You can let the young people in your life know early on that violence in a relationship is never acceptable under any circumstances.
• You can invite community leaders to speak out about domestic violence at town hall meetings and other places where the public gather.
• You can consider bringing these issues to the forefront at your workplace, at your kids’ school, through your local media outlets and social media.
• You can work with your local domestic violence agency to be sure the places in your community have information about domestic violence and where to go for help.
• You can make a contribution to CCADV or your local domestic violence agency.