Director of Finance (Full-time): Oversees budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and usage of funds; manages cash flow and forecasting. Ensures the Finance Department maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and is responsible for the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter to the Director of Administration & Human Resources at email@example.com, or fax to 203.731.5201 or mail to 2 West St, Danbury, CT 06810.
Crisis Counselor/Advocate (Full-time): Maintain on a daily basis a safe, sanitary, comfortable and supportive environment for the battered women and children in the shelter program and to ensure 24-hour coverage of the hotline. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter to Iris Ruiz, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Deadline for submission is December 12, 2016.
The Center for Family Justice
Crisis & Housing Advocate (Full-time): Provides client-centered, trauma informed services that include advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, and referrals to primary and secondary victims of domestic and sexual violence who call our crisis hotlines as well as residents of The Center's domestic violence safe house and transitional housing. Provides supportive services to residents living in The Center's transitional housing program to create and maintain independent living through direct service, education, and community collaboration. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume and cover letter (must state salary requirements) to email@example.com or fax it to 203.579.8882.
CCADV Internship Program
CCADV's internship program offers students working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree with the opportunity to combine their academic studies with on-the-job-training and experience. Internship focus areas include:
- Communications/Public Awareness
- Member Services Coordination
- Program support, research and community organizing for programs such as: Diversity & Accessibility, Fatality Review, Law Enforcement Coordination, Legal Advocacy, Primary Prevention
- Project Assessment & Evaluation
- Public Policy
* Please note that CCADV does not provide direct services. Students seeking experience working directly with victims of domestic violence should contact our member agencies for possible internship opportunities.
Students interested in an internship opportunity with CCADV should submit a cover letter and resume to Liza Andrews, Director of Public Policy & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter must address the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at CCADV?
- What internship focus area are you interested in?
- What is your area of study and how does it relate?
- The beginning and end dates you are requesting for your placement, the amount of hours per week you are requesting, and whether or not you are seeking school credit.
Placements are available for the fall & spring semesters, as well as for the summer. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted based on the following schedule:
|Cover Letter / Resume Accepted||Start Date (on or about)|
|No later than August 1st||September 1st|
|No later than December 1st||January 1st|
|No later than May 1st||June 1st|
A limited number of internship placements are available and will be granted on a rolling basis. Resumes will be reviewed the first week of each month; therefore, there may be up to five (5) weeks between submission and notification.
Internship requests that are received without the required cover letter and resume, or outside of the schedule noted above, will not be considered.