Per Diem Residential Counselors: Provide support and advocacy services to women and children who reside in Elizabeth House, our domestic violence shelter, and to ensure safety and security of Elizabeth House staff and residents. Available shifts are Sunday 12:00am - 8:00am; 4:00pm - 12:00am; and on-call holiday/sick coverage. Click HERE to read the complete job description and required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter and references to the Director of Administration & Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (203) 731-5207 or 2 West Street, Danbury, CT 06810.
The Center for Family Justice
Child Advocate (Permanent, Full-Time): Provides crisis intervention, advocacy, short-term counseling, case management, support groups and referrals for child and youth victims of domestic and sexual violence. In addition, the child advocate engages in the development and enhancement of child and youth programming on an ongoing basis. Click HERE to read the complete job description and required qualifications. Please send your resume and cover letter (must state salary requirements) to email@example.com.
CCADV Internship Program
CCADV's internship program offers students working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree with the opportunity to combine their academic studies with on-the-job-training and experience. Internship focus areas include:
- Communications/Public Awareness
- Member Services Coordination
- Program support, research and community organizing for programs such as: Diversity & Accessibility, Fatality Review, Law Enforcement Coordination, Legal Advocacy, Offender Risk Reduction, Primary Prevention
- Project Assessment & Evaluation
- Public Policy
* Please note that CCADV does not provide direct services. Students seeking experience working directly with victims of domestic violence should contact our member agencies for possible internship opportunities.
Students interested in an internship opportunity with CCADV should submit a cover letter and resume to Liza Andrews, Director of Public Policy & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter must address the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at CCADV?
- What internship focus area are you interested in?
- What is your area of study and how does it relate?
- The beginning and end dates you are requesting for your placement, the amount of hours per week you are requesting, and whether or not you are seeking school credit.
Placements are available for the fall & spring semesters, as well as for the summer. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted based on the following schedule:
|Cover Letter / Resume Accepted||Start Date (on or about)|
|No later than August 1st||September 1st|
|No later than December 1st||January 1st|
|No later than May 1st||June 1st|
A limited number of internship placements are available and will be granted on a rolling basis. Resumes will be reviewed the first week of each month; therefore, there may be up to five (5) weeks between submission and notification.
Internship requests that are received without the required cover letter and resume, or outside of the schedule noted above, will not be considered.