Prudence Crandall Center
Full Time Bilingual Advocate: A professional to provide advocacy, support, counseling, life skills and related services to empower victims of domestic violence and their children residing in our housing program. This position is available for 40 hours per week and while the scheduled hours are flexible, they include two evenings until 7:00pm and occasional weekends. Click HERE to read the complete job description and required qualifications. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls.
The Center for Family Justice
Safe House/Hotline Advocate: The Safe House/Hotline Advocate provides client-centered, quality advocacy and crisis intervention services to women and children in the Center's domestic violence safe house. This includes intake, crisis intervention services, safety planning, advocacy and referrals to primary and secondary victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Click HERE to read the complete job description and required qualifications. Please send your resume and cover letter to Mary Ann Mencel at email@example.com.
CCADV Internship Program
CCADV's internship program offers students working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree with the opportunity to combine their academic studies with on-the-job-training and experience. Internship focus areas include:
- Communications/Public Awareness
- Member Services Coordination
- Program support, research and community organizing for programs such as: Diversity & Accessibility, Fatality Review, Law Enforcement Coordination, Legal Advocacy, Offender Risk Reduction, Primary Prevention
- Project Assessment & Evaluation
- Public Policy
* Please note that CCADV does not provide direct services. Students seeking experience working directly with victims of domestic violence should contact our member agencies for possible internship opportunities.
Students interested in an internship opportunity with CCADV should submit a cover letter and resume to Liza Andrews, Communications & Public Policy Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter must address the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at CCADV?
- What internship focus area are you interested in?
- What is your area of study and how does it relate?
- The beginning and end dates you are requesting for your placement, the amount of hours per week you are requesting, and whether or not you are seeking school credit.
Placements are available for the fall & spring semesters, as well as for the summer. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted based on the following schedule:
|Cover Letter / Resume Accepted||Start Date (on or about)|
|No later than August 1st||September 1st|
|No later than December 1st||January 1st|
|No later than May 1st||June 1st|
A limited number of internship placements are available and will be granted on a rolling basis. Resumes will be reviewed the first week of each month; therefore, there may be up to five (5) weeks between submission and notification.
Internship requests that are received without the required cover letter and resume, or outside of the schedule noted above, will not be considered.