Adult Advocate (Full-time): Provide comprehensive trauma-focused services to victims of domestic violence on the hotline, in the shelter and in the community. The Adult Advocate will provide support services such as one-on-one individual therapeutic counseling, support, legal advocacy, safety planning and information and referrals. This position is to be carried out while empowering victims with respect to their safety and their rights to self-determinations. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter to Iris Ruiz, Assistant Director at email@example.com. No calls please.
Bi-Lingual Domestic Violence Community Case Manager: Provide services that are designed to reduce risks facing victims/survivors who have been assessed through the program's LAP to be at high risk of homicide. The position will initiate outreach and provide services to the target population through the program's catchment area. The position will provide trauma informed services, empowering victims with respect to their safety and right to self-determination. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please apply online with BHcare.
CCADV Internship Program
CCADV's internship program offers students working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree with the opportunity to combine their academic studies with on-the-job-training and experience. Internship focus areas include:
- Communications/Public Awareness
- Member Services Coordination
- Program support, research and community organizing for programs such as: Diversity & Accessibility, Fatality Review, Law Enforcement Coordination, Legal Advocacy, Primary Prevention
- Project Assessment & Evaluation
- Public Policy
* Please note that CCADV does not provide direct services. Students seeking experience working directly with victims of domestic violence should contact our member agencies for possible internship opportunities.
Students interested in an internship opportunity with CCADV should submit a cover letter and resume to Liza Andrews, Director of Public Policy & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter must address the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at CCADV?
- What internship focus area are you interested in?
- What is your area of study and how does it relate?
- The beginning and end dates you are requesting for your placement, the amount of hours per week you are requesting, and whether or not you are seeking school credit.
Placements are available for the fall & spring semesters, as well as for the summer. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted based on the following schedule:
|Cover Letter / Resume Accepted||Start Date (on or about)|
|No later than August 1st||September 1st|
|No later than December 1st||January 1st|
|No later than May 1st||June 1st|
A limited number of internship placements are available and will be granted on a rolling basis. Resumes will be reviewed the first week of each month; therefore, there may be up to five (5) weeks between submission and notification.
Internship requests that are received without the required cover letter and resume, or outside of the schedule noted above, will not be considered.