The Center for Family Justice
Crisis Services & Empowerment Advocate (Full-Time): Provides client-centered, strength-based and trauma-informed advocacy and crisis intervention to adult and children victims accessing services via The Center's domestic violence safe house (Kathie's Place) and 24 hour crisis hotline. In addition, the position will be develop, implement and evaluate empowerment and self-sufficiency services for clients at the safe house. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter (must state salary requirements) to email@example.com.
Community Prevention & Education Coordinator (Part-time): Provides outreach and education presentations to the community about domestic violence and sexual assault. Outreach includes, but is not limited to, schools, civic groups, churches and trainings for judges, medical and social service agencies. Click HERE for a complete job description and list of required qualifications. Please send your resume with cover letter to Lee Schlesinger, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until 4.21.17.
CCADV Internship Program
CCADV's internship program offers students working towards a Bachelors or graduate degree with the opportunity to combine their academic studies with on-the-job-training and experience. Internship focus areas include:
- Communications/Public Awareness
- Member Services Coordination
- Program support, research and community organizing for programs such as: Diversity & Accessibility, Fatality Review, Law Enforcement Coordination, Legal Advocacy, Primary Prevention
- Project Assessment & Evaluation
- Public Policy
* Please note that CCADV does not provide direct services. Students seeking experience working directly with victims of domestic violence should contact our member agencies for possible internship opportunities.
Students interested in an internship opportunity with CCADV should submit a cover letter and resume to Liza Andrews, Director of Public Policy & Communications, at email@example.com. The cover letter must address the following:
- Why are you interested in interning at CCADV?
- What internship focus area are you interested in?
- What is your area of study and how does it relate?
- The beginning and end dates you are requesting for your placement, the amount of hours per week you are requesting, and whether or not you are seeking school credit.
Placements are available for the fall & spring semesters, as well as for the summer. Cover letters and resumes will be accepted based on the following schedule:
|Cover Letter / Resume Accepted||Start Date (on or about)|
|No later than August 1st||September 1st|
|No later than December 1st||January 1st|
|No later than May 1st||June 1st|
A limited number of internship placements are available and will be granted on a rolling basis. Resumes will be reviewed the first week of each month; therefore, there may be up to five (5) weeks between submission and notification.
Internship requests that are received without the required cover letter and resume, or outside of the schedule noted above, will not be considered.