a mobile app designed to give teens the 411 on
healthy relationships & teen dating violence
Download the app now!
Nationwide, 1 in 3 teens reports being physically, sexually or emotionally hurt by their partner. According to the CT Department of Public Health, 17% of CT high school students report being emotionally abused by a dating partner and 8% report being physically abused by a dating partner (2011 School Health Survey Youth Risk Behavior Report). And early exposure to abusive or violent relationships increases the likelihood of those types of relationships being repeated later in life.
It's critical that teens have access to information about healthy dating behaviors and warning signs that their relationship might be abusive. Our mobile app, td411, does just that. td411 provides essential information to teens in a manner that makes sense for them - through their phone or mobile device. The app answers questions that they may be too afraid to ask and includes interactive tools to help them learn about their relationship and to connect with a counselor if they need someone to talk to.
td411 lets you...
- Learn healthy behaviors for dating relationships and the signs of abusive behaviors
- Take the Dating Quiz to see where your relationship falls
- Check out important safety tips and ways that you can stay safe
- Use the search function to find the nearest counselor
- Contenido ahora también disponible en español (content now also available in Spanish)